English
Español
Français

User Access

Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Indiana Metal - Sidebar - Wood Grain Steel
McElroy Metals - Sidebar Ad - May 2022
Cougar Paws - Steel Walker II- Sidebar Ad on MCS
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - Need a Metal Roof Solution?
MBCI - Sidebar Ad - Quote Order Build
MetalCoffeeShop
English
English
Español
Français

If you had to make a tough decision this year due to the economy (lay-offs, selling equipment, getting back on the roof, etc.), do you see this decision benefitting your company in the long run also?

« Back To Question Of The Month
Author

Roofsrus1

My wife whose advice I treasured passed away on June 21, 2009 from cancer. Then after having been real sick for the last four months-my best friend, father and business partner-Gary Livingston Sr. passed away to his rest. Our firm has had the last four months off from work and now we have to play the survival game. With some money that I inherited-we plan on getting some radio and print ads going within two weeks time wich will be good for us.>>>

August 5, 2009 at 4:22 p.m.

Roofsrus1

The toughest decision that I have had to make, after my father/business partner died, was to either relicense for another year or bag it. As it is we are moving tools and materials from one property, which is being sold, to my home where the business shall be housed. Plus before I leave for a business trip to Vegas on the 24th of this month, we will begin distribution of flyers to newer homes in the local metro Portland area. Ten thousand of those flyers will be home delivered. One thousand dollars to print and distribute. Plus I will start advertising on Christian radio stations with the first ad buy to be in the three to four thousand dollar range.>>>

August 6, 2009 at 4:10 p.m.

Mr.JoeRoofer

Leaner / Meaner is how we will come out of this ..... and yes we were getting too far ahead of ourselves ..... Actually I'm glad the correction happened - We were getting fat and lazy ..... and a BIG PLUS is we got rid of our "DEAD WOOD" .....

Downside there are good people who are suffering and overall the media is blowing way out of proportion but that is their job ....

B)>>>

August 13, 2009 at 1:46 a.m.

EcoRoofer

Making tough decisions is really the nature of the beast, for me it has been a matter of making expected decisions. Downsizing, lazy guys and over priced real estate, we got out of our renting situation moved into a out of the way "office" location and depend solely on word of mouth advertisement, local trade associations and good ole' fashion hand shaking. Quite frankly the toughest decision I have ever made was to go into busines for myself getting on the roof had to be done...Installing the Recession Roof, works today...forget tomorrow, we won't even live here long enough to care,

or will you?

Since I live in the land of the low cost 4/12 rambler I now tear my own roofs off, pay a few hungry mid-twenty something guys $50.00 send them on after they clean the gutters and dump the trailer at that point I get my roof on, pay a nailer to finish the other half of the roof and that does 25 sq. off and on for cheap...half of something is better than all of nothing...

Residential TPO/PVC, various ECO products are doing well, mostly membrane roofs.

http://www.vuetoviewroofs.com>>>

« Back To Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sherwin-Williams & Grosso - MetalVue Banner - Make More with Metal
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - Need a Metal Roof Solution?
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Metal Depots - Sidebar Ad
Cougar Paws - Steel Walker II- Sidebar Ad on MCS