Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
Drexel Metals - Gutter Program
MetalCoffeeShop
English
English
Español
Français

Very Important Question... What's Your Favorite Part About Being A Roofer?

« Back To Question Of The Month
Author

Donnie

The satisfaction of a job well done. Being self employed and the pay

September 3, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.

Donnie

The satisfaction of a job well done. Being self employed and the pay

September 7, 2012 at 5:30 p.m.

colletti

i like being on a different job site everyday ,i like being the most important person around after a storm ,the phsyical labor ,being outside on top of the world the way it smells ,what the finish product looks like when your done (a sense of acomplishment on a regular basis )the moneys great ..and best of all roofers are always on top ,and they bang harder :P and i always have a great tan

September 29, 2012 at 4:12 p.m.

Tin Man

Roofing is what I do, not who I'am. The short answer is I like solving a Problem, and the satisfaction of doing so.

October 3, 2012 at 7:33 p.m.

mike1

That chicks dig us because we're roofers! The big money and prestige are just gravy bonuses. it's all good!

October 4, 2012 at 9:37 a.m.

mike1

but really...

it's nice to be in and out of a job rapidly. show up, take care of business and done and done! to have a limited tooling requirement, to have the ability to move surplus materials from job to job with little waste, bidding is very easy compared to room adds and customs, bids can be very precise, clients like that. clients are TRULY grateful when you solve a problem others failed to, the labor pool is easy to assess for competence,

and the best part...folks have NO CHOICE but to hire. when a roof gets bid most often SOMEONE will be roofing it...the question is who. with a room add or custom or a remodel, there are many bids composed by three or four (or more) contractors and NO ONE gets a gig for various reasons.

October 13, 2012 at 12:11 p.m.

egg

There are great answers here and they cover so much ground I doubt I could add much to them. I like it for the reasons cited, but also simply because in a life under a constant barrage of foolishness roofing will always remain inviolately elemental. To what kage said, though, about "quittin addictions" I have to say that for me roofing is an addiction.

October 13, 2012 at 5:07 p.m.

wywoody

You get to look down on all other trades.

You don't need to do extreme sports when you're in danger daily.

Every time you shake someone's hand, they're impressed with your callouses.

You get to confirm your blood is still red on at least a weekly basis.

When it starts raining, you're the first to know.

Since your clean work clothes already have stains on them, you don't fret if something gets spilled on them.

It's really easy to exceed preconceived notions of your intelligence.

October 14, 2012 at 1:14 a.m.

egg

October 26, 2012 at 10:54 p.m.

Patty Cakes

Miss Vickie, my apologies. Since I am no longer involved in roofing, I ignore the ??? of the month. I have no input. This caught my eye, I love it. This is what these guys are about. All of you are great for numerous reasons. You don't need me to pat you on the back just keep kicking yourselves in the ass and do what you do. You like if not love it. AAhh, maybe that is why I still hang out here, I miss " My Boys", what a mixed bag of goofballs, I miss them. PC

November 12, 2012 at 10:41 a.m.

DallasRoofing

You get to set your own hours most of the time.

November 20, 2012 at 7:20 p.m.

RoofSkillz

THE FREEDOM on a hot Sumer day the feeling of acomploshment when u get off the stick job that runs roofers away doing hands on work physical work a mans job

December 26, 2012 at 6:53 p.m.

ktrepairs

watching labor prices revert to what they where in 1980

December 28, 2012 at 12:04 a.m.

A1TQC76

Honest days work for those who get hands dirty. Getting that sincere "Thank You!" when new friend (customer), realizes there really are some honest contractors left. Most of all, I enjoy having my father as a partner, my nephews as my proteges, and going 8yrs and counting without installing a 3 tab shingle for some cheap ass company!

January 8, 2013 at 2:50 p.m.

Old School

Hey "Roofskillz, ktrepairs, and A1TQC76! Why don't you guys sign in on the post asking your names and where you are from? it woudl be appreciated, at least my me. thanks

« Back To Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

GiddyUp - Banner Ad - Book a Demo
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MetalForming - Lunch & Learn
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RPS - Sidebar Ad - Giveaway
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders