In order to save yourself from a hurricane, it is important to be prepared. Start by staying informed: make sure you are aware of the latest hurricane warnings, watches, and advisories. Create a plan and make sure your family is aware of what to do if a hurricane is approaching. Stock up on supplies such as food, water, and medication. Secure your home, including windows and doors, and bring in outdoor furniture and items. Have an emergency kit in case you need to evacuate. Make sure you have important documents, such as IDs and insurance papers, in a waterproof container. Have a designated meeting place for your family. Finally, if a hurricane is approaching, follow the advice of local authorities and evacuate if instructed to do so.
according to a custom wikipedia page information here ae some neccasary precautions !
1. Prepare an emergency plan. Gather important documents, such as insurance policies and birth certificates, and store them in a waterproof container. Make sure to back up important digital documents on a secure external storage device.
2. Listen to local news outlets for updates on the storm and have a battery-powered radio on hand for updates.
3. If advised to evacuate, do so immediately.
4. Secure all windows and doors with plywood or hurricane shutters.
5. Move valuable items, including furniture and electronics, away from windows and doors.
6. If possible, bring outdoor furniture and decorations inside.
7. Fill your bathtub and any other containers with clean water for drinking, cooking and cleaning.
8. Turn off all utilities, including water, gas and electricity.
9. Unplug all appliances.
10. Place sandbags around your home to protect against flooding.
11. Stock up on nonperishable food, medications, and other essential items.
12. Stay indoors and away from windows during the storm.