English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Vicwest - Sidebar Ad - New Bellara Ad
McElroy Metals - Sidebar Ad - May 2022
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - Need a Metal Roof Solution?
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
New Tech Machinery - Sidebar Ad - Board & Batten
Sherwin-Williams & Grosso - MetalVue Sidebar - Make More with Metal
MetalCoffeeShop
English
English
Español
Français

WOULD YOUR BUSINESS SURVIVE WITHOUT YOU?

« Back To Question Of The Month
Author

VickieS

WOULD YOUR BUSINESS SURVIVE WITHOUT YOU?>>>

August 7, 2008 at 10:56 p.m.

RABOIN

I suppose some of it might, but people still want ot talk to me. I am not trying to be a business man anymore, just a good roofer. The jobs will come and we will make a living. As for tomorrow or next year, all bets are off! I don't think we are guar>>>

August 7, 2008 at 11:40 p.m.

kgrampp

the company i work for would def. survive without me and probably make some more money. with these trying times we just ran into about a week ago.. the economy is just taking effect on us now and it taking a big hit on us. the company spends a lot of mo>>>

August 8, 2008 at 12:46 a.m.

Slick

Hi,

There are legal things that need to be taken care of.

Other then that, there may be a bump in the road. For the most part it can run without me.>>>

August 8, 2008 at 12:15 p.m.

andy

Not likely. But then I don't believe my grandfather thought that our family would still be carrying on this business some 60 years after he started.>>>

August 10, 2008 at 3:06 p.m.

Rolf

absolutely not. i install my own work and i personally back up EVERYTHING i say. i believe that businesses that provide services like roofing should never run without the owner. i also think it's disgusting that most people have a goal like sitting at ho>>>

August 10, 2008 at 7:19 p.m.

RoofersClub.com

If your business wouldn't survive without you, then you don't own a business. You own a JOB ! At this point I still own a job :P

I believe if you teach two hands then you have four hands. If those second set of hands now teaches another, you have si>>>

August 10, 2008 at 10:27 p.m.

jfreynik

no It would not. all my work is specialized and so complicated most guys wont even look at it. I have tried to teach so many guys how to do what I do but most can't hack it. Unlike shingles when doing copper roofs, crickets, barrel dormers and built-in g>>>

August 10, 2008 at 10:39 p.m.

Slick

Hi Copperman,

The main reason I am building my business is my sons. If not for them I would just deal with the FNG. LOL

Jesse is made for management end. Adam is made for installing. Adam is the biggest challange.>>>

August 10, 2008 at 11:28 p.m.

jfreynik

Lefty I tried so hard a few years ago to grow and all the guys that had potential would not take the positions I offered them. I wanted to just sell and run the company. I had 2 good lead guys that I wanted to give trucks to and there own crews. they flat>>>

August 11, 2008 at 1:08 a.m.

Ralph

Being as I am not only the CEO but also the entire workforce i think things would come to a screeching halt immediately if I disappeared... :whistle:>>>

August 13, 2008 at 2:26 a.m.

REDSHIRT ROOFING

At this point I doubt it would survive. But I am working slowly toward that goal. I have it where I can leave for a week or 2 but I have a whole lot of preperation to do before leaving and even more catching up to do when I return.>>>

August 16, 2008 at 8:22 p.m.

hatrick

It's barely surviving with me!! So no it could never survive without me...>>>

August 19, 2008 at 5:41 a.m.

Mike H

I'm not even sure they would miss me.

Well, maybe a little. I hope. :)>>>

September 7, 2008 at 3:36 p.m.

WENDY

I do believe that we have all the things set in place to run without me. We are incorporated and have some people in place just in case. This is my second time around with a company and we sure did learn alot from the first time around. I never set up>>>

September 9, 2008 at 3:23 p.m.

N8

For how long is the question?

Last year I got sick with the pneumonia and was off of work for over one month and everything clicked on it's own without me. But, I had an additional salesman at that time, which is a luxury that I do not currently enjoy.>>>

« Back To Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - Spring 2024 Promo With CertainTeed
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
Vicwest - Sidebar Ad - New Bellara Ad
RPS - Sidebar Ad - Giveaway
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - Need a Metal Roof Solution?